The 10 Most Expensive Office Chairs & Reviews 2022
Every office needs an appropriate office chair. You can find office chairs at diverse prices and designs, such as mid-century office chairs. We’ve already listed some of the best budget office chairs, and now it is the turn of some of the most expensive office chairs.
However, does the price really matter? Well, when it comes to office chairs 350 lbs, the price usually is a reflection of the features and quality of the chair. While it is possible to find some good office chairs at accessible prices, some of the best models tend to be quite expensive.
Why Are Office Chairs So Expensive?
There are tons of high-end office chair brands in the market. However, what is it exactly that makes them so expensive? The factors range from ergonomic aspects to resistance and durability. Of course, not everything that shines is gold, but some expensive chairs are quite worth the money based on the features they offer, such as the following:
- Comfort: Chairs are supposed to make you feel comfortable throughout the day. It’s very common for expensive office chairs to be built on commercial-grade foam, which adjusts to your body shape and allows you to sit comfortably for prolonged periods.
- Build quality: Of course, you want your office chair to be as durable as possible. Some office chairs are quite expensive due to their robust architecture, typically made of materials like aluminum or even high-end plastic. Sometimes, they are made of materials like mesh to provide more airflow to the user, although there are tons of other options that can offer a similar benefit.
- Adjustments: If you're interested in buying the most expensive office chair, please make sure that it has all the adjustments you need. This includes seat height, armrest height, lumbar support, seat depth, and tension, among many other adjustments that can help you personalize your seating experience based on your preferences and needs.
- Extra features: Some chairs also include some additions, such as a footrest or a headrest. Office chairs with footrests are quite common in today's world, and most of the time, they are accompanied by other features that can improve your experience with your new chair.
Some brands may also offer customization (either for the color or perhaps the features included), which can affect the price to a certain degree. The good part is that, besides being expensive, office chairs also tend to have quite extended warranties.
Next up, we'll review some of the best expensive office chairs you can find on the market.
Top Expensive Office Chairs From Premium Brands
1. Autonomous ErgoChair Pro+
The first option is the Autonomous ErgoChair Pro+, which besides being a premium office chair, it's also the most affordable on the list.
This chair contains everything you need to feel comfortable during your work sessions. It is made from earth-friendly TPE, providing it with a robust structure. You can be sure that this chair will accompany you for a long time. Still, you can choose between cooling naked TPE or breathable mesh.
The Autonomous ErgoChair Pro+ adapts to the natural curve of your spine and encourages your natural mobility. Hence, you can be 100% sure that your comfort is more than assured. Plus, the chair has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Earth-friendly TPE with 10x durability. Encourages natural mobility. Inspired by movement, engineered for those who want to move more.
2. Wegner Swivel Chair
The Wegner Swivel Chair is quite peculiar. It is designed to keep your mid to lower back supported. It is made from the best materials, including solid wood that comes from 150-year-old trees, which is then left to dry for two years in a humidity-controlled setting.
As of 2022, the price of this chair is over $13,000!
3. Aston Chair
The Aston Chair is less pretentious than the Wegner Swivel Chair, but it doesn’t fall behind. This chair is fully customizable, allowing you to choose some of the essential features, such as the color and even the upholstery and finish materials. It costs about $3,000.
4. Vitra Grand Executive Highback Chair
Here we have another expensive office chair, which has a total price of $5,240. It has adjustable neck support, armrest, and leather upholstery. About 70% is recyclable if you dispose of it properly, too.
5. Fritz Hansen Oxford Chair
Next up, we have this chair at a price of $4,043. It has a more minimalistic look than most chairs, but it is made from high-quality metal and leather. This chair can be customized to a certain degree, including different types of leather and back heights.
6. Vitra HeadLine Management Chair
This expensive leather office chair is slightly more affordable, with a price of $3,245. It has a high back and includes a headrest, and it is made of premium leather that was finely perforated. Hence, it is designed to keep the user’s temperature as cool as possible.
7. Arne Jacobson Egg Chair
This chair costs almost $7,900. This chair was originally designed for the lobby of the Royal Hotel, located in Copenhagen. You can still encounter the original chairs at the hotel. It has been designed to alienate the human body's natural curves.
8. Eames Soft Pad Management Chair
This chair is one of the premium models available at Herman Miller. It includes considerably thick cushions that invite you to sit upon looking at it. It includes several adjustment features, too, making it appropriate for all office environments.
9. Arper Aston Direction Chair
This chair has a minimalistic look, but that doesn't make it less expensive. It has a price of $2,521 and is covered in a polyurethane chair. It comes with some of the essential features, including tilt movements, wheels, and height adjustment.
10. Pininfarina: Xten Office Chair
The last chair on the list is the most expensive chair you'll see. It has a total price of $1.5 million. The chair is designed to be customizable as you move through the day, as both the back and the seat are independent of each other. It is available in four colors, including blue and red.
Autonomous Employee Purchase Program
Are you interested in acquiring a high-quality office chair? Our employee purchase program has you covered!
The Autonomous Employee Purchase Program allows you to acquire office equipment, including ergonomic chairs, standing desks, and other office accessories, at special pricing. Hence, if you're looking forward to improving your current home office, now is the time to do so!
We build office products to help you work smarter.
You May Also Like