Meditation can do wonders for your body and mind. It can help you cope with stress and overwhelming feelings, allowing you to follow a healthier lifestyle in the process. Hence, if you’re looking forward to following a meditation routine and don’t know where to start, this article is for you.
Everyone has a different way of meditating. However, it's essential to part from certain techniques at first. Then, you can adjust your routine as you get used to doing it every day. Contrary to what most people believe, you don't have to meditate for several minutes in the beginning. It's important to build the habit first, so it would be best if you stuck to shorter periods.
Either way, here’s a morning meditation routine you can follow at work from your ergonomic office chair without any complications.
Daily Meditation Routine: Getting Started
Before we start, you should choose between two of the standard meditation routines you can follow at work. Of course, there are tons of other techniques you can follow, but these will make it easier for you at the beginning:
- Concentrative meditation can help you tune out your surroundings as you focus on a specific object within the room.
- Mindfulness meditation is all about being present in the moment and being aware of what's happening, what will happen, and what hasn't happened.
Either option could be great in the beginning and can be helpful to reduce stress and improve your efficiency and productivity in the long run. You can perform these meditation techniques from your standing desk.
How To Meditate At Work
Follow the steps written below to start meditating and entering into the right state of mind within easy steps:
- First, get comfortable. Sit on your posture chair and ensure your body is fully supported and relaxed. Now, close your eyes. You can also become familiar with the types of posture for this.
- Breathe in, breathe out. Follow a rhythmic pattern to keep things balanced. Keep your focus on your respiration.
- At first, you may not feel the “full effect,” but as you get more experienced, you’ll see how your mind finds it easy to focus on every breath you take.
- You can start the routine with five minutes, but you can aim to increase the time to around 20 minutes or whatever you feel would be suitable for you. Five minutes of meditation a day can do wonders for you.
This quick meditation before work can help you cope with stress, anxiety, and other feelings that may be troubling you. It's essential to be constant and try to make a habit out of it if you want to experience the best results.
Why Should You Meditate Before Work?
As mentioned, following a meditation schedule can be hugely beneficial for you for several reasons. From reduced anxiety and stress to better emotional control, a daily meditation routine can help you manage negative feelings and thoughts.
If you're feeling fewer negative emotions, it'll be easier for you to focus on the things that truly matter, and you will be able to concentrate more easily. This way, you can improve your efficiency and productivity while also keeping your mood as best as possible.
Meditation can help you be in control of your emotions. This way, you can prevent your feelings from getting the worst of you and interfering with your everyday activities. If your mind is calm, you'll be able to think about what's happening at the moment more in-depth and will also be able to make wiser decisions in case a problem comes up.
Meditation Can Help You Cope With Mental Health Issues
Several studies have demonstrated how helpful meditation can be in coping with mental health issues like depression or anxiety. Why? Well:
- You’ll be able to manage your response to negative feelings. Instead of acting out on those negative traits, you’ll be able to acknowledge that those thoughts may not be the only ones you should consider, for instance.
- It can help you become self-aware. It can be difficult for people with depression to be aware of what they’re feeling. That’s one of the purposes of meditation – you’ll be able to focus on what you’re feeling at the moment without distractions. This way, you’ll be able to notice if a depressive episode is coming up and act accordingly.
- It has benefits for the body. Some studies have suggested that meditation could have good effects on your overall health. It can help people reduce their blood pressure and may also improve their immune system. Since you'll have a clearer mind, you may even be able to improve the quality of your sleep.
Generally speaking, meditation is an excellent habit to build, especially if you have a busy lifestyle. If you would like to feel happier and would like to be able to manage your stress and anxiety better, maybe it is time to start meditating.
Other Things To Consider
It is true that a meditation routine can do wonders for your mind and body. However, since we're talking in an entrepreneurial context, it's also important to pay attention to your environment and make sure you have everything you need to work comfortably.
Here are some of the other things you should consider if you want to improve your lifestyle and reduce the stress you feel while you’re working:
- Make sure you’re sitting appropriately. You should have a good office chair that supports your whole body. It's also recommendable to be familiar with the proper posture while typing. If you use a standing desk, you should also read about the proper posture at a standing desk.
- Replace your chair if necessary. If you’re getting back pain from a computer chair too often, maybe it's because the chair you're using is not appropriate for you. You should consider replacing it with a more ergonomic option.
Exercise more often. Physical activity is linked to several benefits, including less stress and improved mood and physique. You can include some office gym equipment at your workstation and exercise for a few minutes before you start your workday.
You May Also Like