TOP 19 Modern Ergonomic Chair For Contemporary Workspace
It’s well known that being stuck on a chair for long periods of time is very bad for your health. Luckily, there are chairs that are built to combat the adverse effects of sitting in one place for so long. These are called ergonomic chairs. We have brought together 20 of the most stylish, modern ergonomic chairs that can help make your workspace more contemporary.
1. ErgoChair Pro by Autonomous
This modern ergonomic office chair by Autonomous is a brilliant addition to any contemporary workspace. The design of the ErgoChair Pro provides you with the ability to tailor the resistance and support of the modern ergonomic desk chair to your particular requirements. The foam seats are made from supportive material that keeps the form while being comfortable. Moreover, incorporating the breathable fabric allows the contemporary ergonomic chair to stay fresh while working on it.
Pros and Cons of ErgoChair Pro
- This device's design makes it a mid-century ergonomic chair that's perfect for a contemporary workspace.
- The flexible Lumbar System helps to alleviate back pain.
- The headrest is included in the design, which helps to combat chronic neck pain and boost productivity.
- Excessive plastic is used in the packaging.
2. ErgoChair Plus by Autonomous
This ergonomic modern desk chair is noted as being an incredible piece of furniture that can be used for remote workers who wish to make their workspace more contemporary. The fishbone design of the ErgoChair Plus is exceptionally advanced and uses TPE material. This enhances the durability of the chair.
Pros and Cons of ErgoChair Plus
- The fishbone design helps to provide custom-made support that fits the individual's body.
- The sleek and modern design helps to provide a more contemporary workspace.
- It’s equipped with a lumbar support system and is fully adjustable.
- The reclining feature is considered to be relatively shallow for some users.
3. ErgoChair Recline by Autonomous
The ErgoChair Recline is a modern ergonomic chair that’s equipped with the purpose to give remote workers back support and complete comfort. This is provided with the use of a fully adjustable feature that's incorporated in the design of the mid-century modern ergonomic chair. Moreover, the reclining ability of the chair is unmatched when compared to other alternatives on the market. This reclining feature helps promote good posture while sitting and aids in combating lower back pain and neck strain.
Pros and Cons of ErgoChair Recline
- Reclining can be done in an instant.
- Mesh fabric is included in the design to provide bettered air-flow.
- The design is fully adjustable.
- The lumbar support is said to have a limited range for taller individuals.
4. Embody Chair by Herman Miller
The Embody Chair that's manufactured by Herman Miller is considered to be one of the best computer chairs for long hours on the market. The goal of the modern ergonomic office chair is to support healthy blood circulation while making the long periods of sitting at the contemporary office chair easier on the spine and back. The modern ergonomic office chair is equipped to move with you throughout your entire working day and allows you to support your lower back and keep your spine in alignment without you having to make any adjustments.
· The modern ergonomic chair comes in more than a dozen different colors.
· It’s equipped with adjustable arms.
· The contemporary ergonomic chair is made incredibly lightweight and durable, due to the inclusion of an aluminum base.
· The modern ergonomic chair is expensive.
5. Steelcase Gesture Chair
The design of this modern office chair allows it to accommodate a vast amount of different natural body sizes and positions. This ergonomic chair with neck support is all done while providing protection and support to the neck and back. The incorporation of LiveBack technology allows the chair to automatically adjust to your body and mimic the natural alignment and movement of your neck and spine. Moreover, the accommodation of different body positions is enhanced with the addition of armrests in the design of the contemporary ergonomic chair.
· The design of this modern ergonomic office chair makes it extremely durable.
· The armrests hold the ability to be adjusted up and down, as well as in and out for better placement of the arms (No matter the width of the torso).
· Excellent lumbar support provided.
· Lifting and moving this office chair may be difficult as it weighs 70 pounds.
6. Herman Miller Aero Chair
This modern ergonomic chair is designed with the primary purpose of achieving the biomorphic principles of the human body. Incorporating these principles into the design helps the user attain complete comfort while using the contemporary ergonomic chair. Not only is the design of the ergonomic chair stylish, but it also negates lower back problems.
· The contemporary ergonomic chair is reasonably priced.
· It provides the user with excellent back support.
· The materials used in the chair conform to the user’s shape.
· There isn’t any dedicated neck support.
7. Haworth Zody Chair
This modern ergonomic chair is incredibly popular and has a brilliant reputation. The Haworth Zody Chair is the only chair with the honor of gaining an endorsement from the American Physical Therapy Association. It’s equipped to target common problem areas like the lower back.
· Equipped with incredible padding to help ease tension on the gluteus and lower back.
· The adjustable seat height and the arms provide the user with the ability to customize the chair to the user’s needs.
· The contemporary chair is designed with a higher back. This allows support to carry all the way up to the shoulders of the user.
· There isn’t a main neck support feature provided in the design of this office chair.
8. Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair
One of the best features of this modern ergonomic chair is the inclusion of LiveBack technology in the design. This ensures that the chair follows the shape of your back. Providing this feature offers the user with essential support and comfortability. This allows you to sit for more extended periods of time comfortably.
· The contemporary office chair holds the ability to tilt back.
· It’s equipped with adjustable seat height and arms.
· Back strain is reduced while sitting with the LiveBack technology.
· Heavy-duty plastic is used for the base, which isn’t as durable as other options available on the market.
9. Sayl Chair by Herman Miller
The design of the Sayl Chair is a brilliant addition for those who are wanting to create a contemporary workspace while being comfortable. The chair incorporates a Y-Tower feature, along with stretching fabric for support.
· Unique design for an ergonomic chair that offers excellent comfort.
· The modern ergonomic chair has an adjustable seat.
· The materials used for the ergonomic chair are recycled.
· There isn't a neck or headrest included in the design of the office chair.
10. Serta Mid-Back Office Chair
This mid-century ergonomic office chair is equipped with leather that’s eco-friendly. Moreover, a pivoting BIM Active lumbar feature is also included in the design to provide constant lumbar support. Posture-correcting technology is another feature that's included to give a brilliant ergonomic device.
· It’s a modern-looking chair with great ergonomic benefits.
· It is equipped with a cushioned headrest and body pillows.
· Pelvis position is targeted to keep the back neutral.
· Leather padding isn’t as durable as other materials.
11. Alera Elusion Swivel Chair
The ergonomic design and mesh material provide you with comfort all day long. This mid-century chair is equipped with a seat cushion that's contoured and has premium upholstery. These elements help relieve pressure from your legs and encourage proper sitting posture, which helps combat lower back problems.
· The waterfall edge included in the contoured seat helps the user sit comfortably.
· The height of the arms and seat is easily adjustable.
· Improved air-flow is provided with the incorporation of mesh in the design.
· Depending on the height of the user, the chair’s ergonomic support only reaches the mid-back.
12. Mid-Back Mesh Chair by Flash Furniture
All of the features that are included in this mid-century modern ergonomic chair provide the user with an effective ergonomic device that's budget-friendly and aids in creating a contemporary workspace. Support is provided to the user with a stable base equipped with five wheels, along with a contoured back and mesh designing.
· Bold and traditional options are available to fit any contemporary workspace.
· Air-flow is enhanced with the use of mesh at the back of the ergonomic device.
· The office chair features a lumbar support system that’s built into the design.
· There isn’t a specific feature that helps with neck support.
13. Ergonomic Genuine Leather Chair by GM Seating
This mid-century office chair is equipped with white leather that sets it apart from any other ergonomic device available. Its incorporation in any workspace aids in making it more contemporary. This is done while offering the user exceptional comfort with the brilliant technology included in the design.
· The office chair offers the user a dedicated built-in neck support.
· The adjustable armrests can increase in height and sideways width.
· It’s incredibly comfortable and helps combat neck and lower back pain.
· Very tall individuals may find that the lumbar support system is too low and doesn't provide many ergonomic benefits.
14. Ergohuman by Eurotech
This new ergonomic chair promotes circulation with the incorporation of mesh into the design. It's also capable of adjusting the arm height, synchro tilt, tilt tension control, tilt lock, height, and back angle, and the seat height and depth. These features help to enhance the ergonomics of the chair.
· A built-in neck rest is included in the design.
· The mid-century office chair comes in an array of colors to fit any contemporary workspace.
· The Ergohuman is made to be fully adjustable. This is including the lumbar support feature.
· The contemporary ergonomic chair is one of the more expensive models available.
15. Balt Butterfly Executive Chair
This contemporary ergonomic chair is equipped with a mesh contoured back, tilt and angle adjustment features, a curved headrest, and a reclining feature. These features aid in providing the user with a chair that helps provide comfort and relieve pressure placed on the back and neck.
· Improved air-flow with the inclusion of mesh material.
· The chair offers built-in neck support.
· It’s fully adjustable to fit the preferences of the user.
· The model only comes in one color option.
16. Viva Office Mesh High Back Chair
Moisture build-up and excessive heat are avoided with the help of mesh material included in the mid-century modern chair's design. Moreover, the pneumatically adjustable armrests and adjusting height offer comfort and support to the use. The dedicated headrest is also built to provide a fully adjustable feature.
· The lumbar support system and seat armrests and height are adjustable.
· Control over tension and tilt is provided.
· Effective air-flow is provided.
· A significant amount of plastics such as PVC are used.
17. The Walker Adjustable Office Chair
This mid-century modern ergonomic chair includes a 360-degree swivel motion and a sturdy base with five wheels that have the ability to recline with the use of a lever. Its primary purpose is to support the neck and prevent straining. This is achieved by the adjustable headrest being curved and supporting the correct alignment when you lean back.
· The seat and arms height can be fully adjusted.
· The design includes a dedicated neck and headrest.
· Air-flow is improved with the addition of mesh material.
· Larger individuals may find that the contour of the seat isn’t comfortable.
18. AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
The design of this mid-century ergonomic chair is rather basic but provides the user with excellent ergonomic benefits when compared to chairs at a similar price point. It's upholstered with padded seating and black leather to offer comfort for more extended periods. Movement is also made easy with the dual-wheel casters included in the design.
· It’s an extremely budget-friendly option.
· The height of the seat is adjustable.
· The seats are made durable, with leather being used.
· The arms of the chair aren’t adjustable.
19. Sorina Executive Chair
One of the best office chair features of this mid-century modern ergonomic chair is that it's incredibly comfortable. This comfort is provided to the remote worker throughout their entire day with the help of ergonomic contouring used on the seat and the supportive padding. It's also equipped with a tilt and lock control and adjusting armrests.
· Comfortable and ergonomic design.
· The Sorina Executive Chair is budget-friendly and perfect for remote workers who wish to provide a contemporary and polished look to their workspace.
· It's equipped with the ability to save space with its flip-up armrest feature.
· The design of this chair doesn’t offer a reclining feature.
Spread the word
We build office products to help you work smarter.
You May Also Like