Encountering carpal tunnel syndrome is very common at the workplace when you are working for extended hours. Therefore, it is a dream of any office worker to avoid having a carpal tunnel desk setup. Many wise workers think of getting a specialized keyboard for carpal tunnel syndrome to ensure they cut the roots of the problem.
A bad posture and wrong placement of hands are the fundamental reasons behind the affliction due to carpal tunnel. You encounter carpal tunnel when there is undue pressure on the median nerve in your wrist. The compression makes your hands numb, and you face problems while typing.
Since such an agony can deeply impact your productivity as an office worker, you need a long-term solution. This is the reason we called those office workers wise who use an ergonomic keyboard for carpal tunnel. Using a keyboard to help with carpal tunnel can help you place your hands in a way that you do not exert any pressure on your median nerve and avoid the potential numbness and pain.
Nevertheless, the multiple keyboard options in the market often make it difficult for you to pick the best carpal tunnel keyboard. That is the reason why we have shared our best picks in this article. We suggest you read this article till the end to get an idea of what the market is offering currently. So, let’s begin.
1. ErgoTKL Split Mechanical Keyboard by Cloud Nine
ErgoTKL by Cloud Nine is the best available ergonomic split keyboard in the market. The fascinating thing about this keyboard is that it has a thoughtful design that fulfills all the ergonomic requirements of a keyboard.
- Built-in tenting and wrist rest pad
- Backlit Cherry MX Brown Keys
- Compact design
- Programmable macro keys are there
2. Matias Programmable Ergonomic Keyboard
Matias Programmable Ergonomic Keyboard is the second-best keyboard for wrist pain. The best thing about this keyboard is its compact design. Since this ergonomic programming keyboard is also a split mechanical keyboard, it allows you to place your keyboard at a suitable angle to avoid any pressure on your median nerve. Thus, you can expect a smooth working experience.
- Features programmable shortcuts
- Quiet keypads offer a smooth experience
- Features multiple configuration options
- No backlit keys
3. Logitech G613 Mechanical Keyboard
The Logitech G613 Mechanical Keyboard is the most economical option in our listing. It is one of the best carpal tunnel keyboards that has all desirable ergonomic features at a reasonable price.
Being wireless, the Logitech keyboard helps you avoid cord clutter and enjoy the best working experience. However, you can also use a clamp-on adjustable keyboard tray to get the liberty to adjust the height and angle you wish to place your keyboard.
- Six programmable G-keys dedicated for macro functions
- Extensive palm and wrist support
- No backlit keys
- Keys are not engraved rather marked with stickers
4. Perixx Periboard 612 Split Keyboard
Perixx Periboard 612 is a single unit keyboard that has its keys arranged in an ergonomic split key design. Such a keyboard favors natural arm and wrist position to avoid any undue pressure on your median nerves. Thus, it can be considered a keyboard for carpal tunnel.
Since the keys are divided to give a look like a split keyboard, this keyboard covers a lot of desk space. The easy way to deal with this problem is to use an adjustable keyboard and mouse stand. Overall, you will experience a great work experience if you do so.
- A raised center to incorporate the tenting feature that offers a better finger placement
- Integrated palm rest included
- Multiple variations in layout in different markets
5. Kinesis Freestyle 2 Split Keyboard
Kinesis Freestyle 2 is a split design keyboard that is ideal for helping you with avoiding carpal tunnel syndrome at work. Since the company has used low-force keys here, you will have fluent work experience where you won't experience finger fatigue while pressing the keys hard. Overall, the design is also pretty impressive, so you can expect it to be a good choice too.
- Minimizes wrist tilt
- Requires minimal pressure for keystrokes
- Ergonomically designed
- Not ideal for Mac users
- Difficult to use the shortcut keys on the left due to some additional keys on the left edge.
6. BlackWidow Elite Mechanical Keyboard by Razer
Razer has designed this phenomenal gaming keyboard BlackWidow Elite, ideal for eliminating carpal tunnel syndrome. The design, however, is not that of a split keyboard. Nevertheless, it has fully programmable Macros that lets you remap your keys for executing complex commands. Overall, this personalized keyboard for carpal tunnel can be a good choice.
- High-quality keys are used
- There is a full-length palm rest.
- The keyboard layout is fully customized.
- Very expensive
- Not a wireless keyboard
- Not a split keyboard
7. MARVO Scorpion Mechanical Keyboard
MARVO Scorpion Mechanical Keyboard is a considerable choice for eliminating carpal tunnel. The keyboard is pretty smooth in operations and can offer you long-term work experience. However, it lacks the split design, so it might not be the best pick for users looking for the split.
- Not pricey
- It does not require installation of any installation for working
- You can use it for an extended period
- There are no designated Macro keys.
- The clicking sound of its blue switches can be very disturbing for a quiet workplace.
8. Keychron K2 Mechanical Keyboard
Keychron K2 is the last contender on our list, but it's still better than many available options in the market. This mechanical keyboard for carpal tunnel has a 75% layout with 84 keys. Having such a layout makes this keyboard get a compact design. All that with backlit keys makes it easy to work anywhere you want.
- Smooth and stable individual keys
- Minimalistic design
- It can be integrated with both Mac and Windows
- Keys make a lot of sounds when clicked
- It lacks a wrist and palm support
- A compact design may make you place your arms in an unnatural position.
You May Also Like