Top 10 Smart Office Devices in 2023
With the advancement in technology all over the globe and the Internet of Things gradually taking over the world like a storm, a lot of smart office devices & gadgets have been created to help employees get their work done on time, improve productivity levels, create a safe and serene working environment, and streamline tasks.
With these smart office products, employees no longer have to spend so much time carrying out a job to get the right result, while organizations can save so much money while improving their productivity levels.
Most senior office executives and managers are already adopting these smart devices to drive growth, improve operational efficiency and create a stable, mobile and secure workplace. Although there have been mixed feelings by some business owners and skepticism amongst consumers on the use of the smart office devices, they are arguably a higher investment in return with safer and more efficient operation.
Why use these smart office devices at the workplace?
A smart office is a workplace where technology enables people to work better, faster and, of course, smarter. Smart office device can help employees perform menial tasks better and faster, so they have enough time to focus on growing businesses and innovating. Moreover, it also contribute to boost employees productivity.
There are so many benefits attached to using smart office devices, and they include:
- Increased safety at the workplace: Like connected sensors, security cameras, and access control systems, a number of smart office products make the office a better environment for cohabitation. Furthermore, it decreases the possibility of hacking or phishing in the work environment while increasing transparency as well.
- Help employees manage their schedules: With smart office devices, employees can manage and keep tabs on all their appointments, book meetings, send out invites, get reminders about workshops and conferences, record meeting notes and share with other co-workers who may be at remote locations. It also helps employees working from home to stay up-to-date with the latest trends taking place in the office environment even when they are not physically present.
- The efficiency of business operations: With Smart Office devices, employees can focus on tasks according to priority. This is because most smart office devices help to automate or streamline a long list of tasks at hand.
- Convenient working environment: Smart Office devices also help to create a convenient work environment for employees. Employees within the workplace can easily tailor the conditions of the office to their specifications using smartphone apps that can regulate the humidity and temperature of their surroundings.
- Energy savings: Most Smart office devices can be used as energy savers in the workplace. Some of them can be used to automatically adjust heating and lighting in the office in order to reduce waste and save energy.
- Improved connectivity at the workplace: Smart office devices also help to create better connectivity in communication amongst employees. With these devices, employees can have access to official information and files while working from different locations, just with their mobile devices.
- Increased productivity: Smart office devices also help to improve efficiency and productivity in the workplace. By providing employees with the right work tools regardless of their locations, these smart devices streamline processes and reduce time spent on carrying out different jobs by employees.
- Provides new ways of working: Smart office devices also provide a new way of working for employees. Each day, new technologies are being created to personalize user experience and make work easy for employees.
What are the TOP 10 Smart Office Devices?
Some of the Top 10 smart office devices that can be used to drive growth, improve operational efficiency and create a stable, mobile and secure workplace include the following:
1. Smart Desk Pro (Premium)
The SmartDesk Pro (Premium) is an electric standing desk, which is fully adjustable and designed for people who value efficiency at the workplace or in their home office. At present, this desk is in high demand due to the advantages it offers. The desk which comes with a five years warranty ensures that you can depend on it for a long time. It has a 300 lb lifting capacity, dual motors, and supports the option of an XL 71 inch top, for people who need more space to relax and meditate. One beautiful feature of the SmartDesk Pro (Premium) is that it operates smoothly so a user can quickly transit from standing to sitting which is key to maintaining healthy circulation and focus.
The SmartDesk 2 - Home Office offers a nearly identical feature set to the Premium edition while retailing at an even more competitive price point. Compared to other similar desks on the market, Autonomous SmartDesks are significantly cheaper than other premium standing desks that can retail for up to $1000 or more.
2. August Smart Lock
The best way to keep your modern office secure while at work and even out of work is through the use of a smart lock. The August Smart lock is a popular solution that helps to ensure that the security of the workplace is intact while assets of the management are untouched when no one is at work. With a smart lock, business managers and employees can go home stress-free and have great confidence that all office files and information are safe while spending time with their loved one. The smart lock turns a door with a standard deadbolt into a smart door, and you can have the physical keys kept in your home. With this essential desk setup accessories, you can unlock your doors with your smartphone and distribute virtual keys to other employees who may want to access the office space.
3. Multi-device keyboard
Multiple device wireless keyboards are an increasingly standard option for wireless keyboards on the market today. There's no shortage of options, from the Logitech K380 which is more affordable and features a slim profile, to the popular Keychron K2 wireless mechanical keyboard, which is a more premium option suitable for people whose jobs require lots of typing throughout the day. These keyboards allow you to switch easily between multiple devices seamlessly, so you can type a long document on your computer, and quickly switch over to your smartphone or tablet to reply to a message.
4. WiFi Scanner
Photos aren't quite up to snuff, and bulky scanners seem to be out of place in the modern office. The WiFi scanner is sufficiently portable to aid the duplication of several copies of documents in downtime. Afterward, the scanned document is sent to the tablet or WiFi enabled computer for further instructions. At 900dpi, it saves images in both pdf and jpeg formats. In a case where there is a client who needs to sign a document electronically, this comes in handy.
E-Reception kiosks are an increasingly secure and reliable way to keep track of visitors to the office. There is less need to worry about unauthorized entry because of the presence of a fingerprint access control system. The advanced type of tracing system fetches the visitor's file for the database and matches it accordingly before they proceed to enter the building. While keeping the premises secure, you can rest assured the security is of high quality. With E-Reception installed in your workplace, you do not have to worry about unauthorized access because it works with a fully automated fingerprint access control system.
6. Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats are nothing new, yet they are not yet ubiquitously adopted in modern office buildings. Yet a smart thermostat, such as the popular Nest Learning Thermostat, can create tremendous cost savings overtime. It learns the schedule of your office and the preferences of office workers to automatically adjust settings to their optimal levels at any time. This cuts back on energy waste, such as any instance in which an employee forgets to shut off the heating or cooling at the end of the day. These smart thermostats can also be controlled from anywhere using a smartphone app, meaning you can make adjustments remotely too.
7. Outdoor CCTV camera
CCTV cameras are a great device to install in the office. There were times when cameras required protection from climate but those days are over now. Modern-day CCTV cameras are now more dust and water resistant. Also, infrared LEDs and smart technologies such as WiFi give CCTVs the flexibility and control features you would expect from a modern smart office device. Interestingly, the infrared LEDs aid vision in the darkness and up to 50 feet away from the lens.
8. Ring video doorbell
Small businesses, due to budget constraint, are rarely located in luxurious office buildings with personal security. However, with the Ring video doorbell businesses can monitor security and view anyone at the door right from the office. With the aid of a phone app, the business owner may deny access to whoever is at the door. Perks include the ability to take records of intruders, a 1080p camera with a motion sensor that improves recognition and night vision.
9. Portable laptop monitor
An additional screen can give your productivity a major boost. After all, more screens can fit more windows and make multi-tasking much easier. In the early days, office tech was limited to desktops. However, the constant growth of office spaces has resulted in an high increase in the usage of portable laptop monitors within and outside the office, such as the Asus ZenScreen MB16AC. Luckily, there are several resolutions and sizes available for different people's needs. Also, the monitors are designed to be compatible with several operating systems, such as macOS and Windows.
10. Air quality monitor
Inhaling polluted air in the workplace can lead to poor job performance and even ill health, and that is why every smart office needs an air quality monitor, such as the Awair Glow C. It helps to monitor the quality of air at the workplace and displays the current air quality using a LED light so that employees can know the right time to make changes.
The importance of smart office devices in the workplace cannot be overemphasized. They improve efficiency and productivity at the workplace by providing employees with the right work tools regardless of their locations, streamline processes, reduce time spent on carrying out different jobs, help employees to solve difficult tasks, and simplify their lives.
However, if a business must invest in smart office devices, it must first of all plan to invest in the training of its employees on how to make use of these devices. This is because research has shown that more than half of the workforce in various parts of the world do not know how to make use of some of their smart office gadgets. Therefore, by having a workforce that has been properly trained on how to make use of the smart office product, business executives can increase productivity and efficiency at the workplace.
Subcribe newsletter and get $100 OFF.
Receive product updates, special offers, ergo tips, and inspiration form our team.
We build office products to help you work smarter.
You May Also Like