Terms and Conditions
All shipments should be inspected immediately upon arrival. Please make note of any damage to boxes when signing for shipment. Report any losses or damages promptly to Smart Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be made within one week of delivery. Save all packaging until the 30 day trial period has ended in the case of needing a return. All returns MUST be authorized by Smart Office, which will advise you as to return authorization and arrange for pickup of any damaged merchandise.
If your order does not arrive within the delivery timeframe please let us know immediately, we cannot be responsible for claims filed more than thirty days after the delivery period.
Our standard warranty is one year from the date that product is received. Some products have a longer warranty; please check your specific product page for more information. Your product is guaranteed to be free from manufacturer’s defects, and please report any defects to Smart Office within one week after delivery so we can send you replacement. 'Defects', as used in this warranty, are defined as imperfection in material or workmanship that will impair the use of the product.
All Smart Office warranties are limited warranties and are limited to the original purchaser with proof of purchase. In some cases, wear and tear may be depreciated for the time that the product was in use. In no event shall Smart Office be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover:
(1) defects caused by improper assembly; (2) defects occurring after purchase due to product modification, intentional damage, accident, misuse, abuse or negligence; (3) normal wear and tear due to age; and (4) labor or assembly costs.
Our products always arrive with assembly instructions and are easy to assemble. However, if you need to help to set up, we offer an assembly service. This is only available in Los Angeles and New York City. Please choose the assembly service option at the product page and we will make arrangements for you.
Once your order arrives, we will contact you to schedule a time for our professional assembler to come and assemble the SmartDesk at your location. This will save the time of reading instructions and guarantee you a fast and correct set up.
For Products purchased in the US on or after January 9, 2019, all eligible Autonomous products are covered under a limited, non-transferrable warranty for the term listed below for normal usage. A failure is a mechanical breakdown of or defect in the unit that affects the user’s ability to operate the product as intended. If it is determined that the failure was caused by misuse or abuse of the product, replacements and return shipping will be at the customer’s expense. No refunds are available after the initial 30-day risk free trial.
- 7 years: all metal and mechanical part and components, including motors and electrical components of
- Autonomous SmartDesk 2 Business Office
- 5 years: all metal and mechanical part and components, including motors and electrical components of
- Autonomous SmartDesk 2 Home Office
- 2 years: all metal and mechanical part and components, including motors and electrical components of
- ErgoChair 2 series
- AvoChairs series
- 30 days free trial:
- All surface of SmartDesk series (including Business Office and Home Office)
- Exceptions to the coverage include:
- Changes in surface finish, including color-fastness or matching of colors, woodgrains, or textures
- Normal wear and tear
- Dye transfers caused by external contaminants
- Modifications made by the user
- Products that were not installed, used, or maintained in accordance with product instructions and warnings
- Damage or marking of surfaces caused by sharp or foreign objects
- Pilling of textile