Table of Contents
Oftentimes, figuring out how to arrange and set up a workplace can be tricky. This is especially the case when more than one person has to share the space. To address the space issue, many manufacturers have created T-desks to maximize space in the office. A T-desk for two people is wonderful and beneficial for a number of reasons, but how do you arrange them?
There are so many different ideas depending on your needs, style, functionality, etc. Fortunately, we’re here to make the job easier for you. To find out more about how to arrange a T-shaped office desk for two, the benefits of these desks, and five of the best options on the market, keep reading!
What Are the Benefits of Using T-desks for Two People?
A 2-person T-shaped office desk is much more than a simple way to buy fewer desks. In fact, these desks have several advantages in a workplace setting. From aesthetic purposes to communication and collaboration, these desks bring much more to the table than you would think! Here are some of the main benefits:
1. Save Space
Desks by themselves can be clunky and intrusive. However, you can arrange two-person desks in particular ways to maximize your available space. These larger desks can be positioned wherever you feel like it, against walls, or in the middle of the room. Therefore, you can make the most out of your space by choosing a T-shaped home office desk for two people from a reliable manufacturer.
2. More Cost Efficient
Purchasing two-person desks will save you money as an employer or someone who has multiple people working at home. Even if the cost of a single two-person desk is more than that of a single desk, the overall cost is often far lower. There are various retailers that offer two-person desks that help you get the most out of your space and budget.
3. Increased Productivity and Teamwork
Your new T-desk for two setup might contribute to increased efficiency and production at work and the office. Because humans are naturally competitive, they will put in more effort if they observe others doing so. Because coworkers may easily ask for assistance or advice when they're stuck on a task, this work arrangement fosters teamwork as well.
4. Provides a Cleaner and Less Cluttered Look
Your workplace will look neater and more professional with two-person desks. T-shaped two-person desks in a well-designed workplace layout will look less cramped than separate desks and clear up clutter.
With a T-shaped two-person structure, workers will have more space to move around and find their colleagues. Employees can form new relationships and a sense of camaraderie when there is less space between them.
However, keep in mind that a minimalist desk also makes your workspace look cleaner and less cluttered.
How to Set and Arrange a T-desk for Two People?
While setting up and arranging these desks is meant to be much easier than trying to arrange two or more separate desks, it's crucial to take the time to carefully plan out the office design in a way that promotes productivity, functionality, and comfort. However, keep in mind that a T-shaped office desk for two isn’t the only option when it comes to multi-people desks; an L-shaped standing desk is also worth considering.
Here’s how to arrange a T-desk for two people:
- First things first, you need to determine where you'll position the desk. This can be against a wall, in a corner, or in the middle of the room. Think about aesthetics and accessibility for both people using the desk. Both people need to be able to access their workspace easily. When positioning your desk, you need to consider how many legs it has as well. A 4-leg standing desk might be simpler to position than one with more than four legs, for example.
- Next, you want to map out what area on the desk will be shared and what area is designated to whom. The shared area can be used for general equipment and stationery, such as printers, paper, and other common office supplies. Ideally, each person's individual workspace should be the arms of the T. This ensures that each person still has a private space that's solely theirs and limits distractions.
- If you feel you need more privacy, you can set up dividers. This will also help make the space feel more like your own. You can choose anything from an aesthetic to a functional divider. However, try to make sure it isn’t big and bulky as this might take up too much space on the desk.
- Each person should also have their own designated storage space. This will help keep the workspace more organized and less confusing. You can either opt for a T-desk with drawers, shelves, and cabinets or invest in these separately.
- Lastly, you want to consider desk ergonomics. Using ergonomic chairs will allow you to adjust your chair to the desk height, meaning you can choose a desk that’s suitable for both parties. Furthermore, this also allows you to consider each person’s preferences and needs when it comes to monitor placement, etc. Ideally, you would want to find an adjustable desk as well.
The 5 Best T-shaped Office Desks
Now that you know how to arrange your T-shaped desk for two in a home office or professional setting, you need to make the big decision. What desk are you going to buy? With endless options on the market, how do you choose?
1. Cherryman T-Shaped Two-Person Desk
Anyone who needs a large desktop surface will benefit from this T-shaped office desk for two. It has plenty of room, so you'll easily be able to arrange all your documents and computer monitors. What makes this option even more appealing is that it has its own set of built-in pedestal drawers. Therefore, there's no need to worry about arranging separate storage.
Available in Black Cherry, Valley Grey, Park Walnut, and Sienna Mahogany, there are four different color options for you to choose from, so you should be able to find a style that suits your space.
Overall, the Cherryman T-Shaped Two-Person Desk is a premium and comprehensive solution that’s a fantastic investment. You can expect it to last for many years and perform just as you would need it to.
- Has grommets for data and power cables
- Scratch-resistant high-pressure melamine surface
- Drawer pedestals for easy storage
- Machined aluminum drawer pulls
- A keyboard tray can be installed
Cherryman T Shaped Two Person Desk
|Four different color options
|10-year manufacturer warranty
|Not available in white finish
|Easy to maintain
|Sufficient desktop and storage space
2. Cherryman T-Shaped Two-Person Desk with Hutch
If the above desk appeals to you, but you need additional storage, you can't go wrong with the Cherryman T-Shaped Two-Person Desk with Hutch. While it's designed very similarly to the abovementioned desk, each workstation has its own overhead hutch, giving you plenty of additional space for storage. This makes it the ideal option for anyone who has tons of paperwork and loves to stay organized.
You can also choose to customize your desk slightly by installing a keyboard tray. This also helps with making your workspace look cleaner and more minimalist. Sticking on the topic of clean and minimalistic, this desk comes equipped with integrated grommets so you can easily arrange your power cables, making sure they’re not lying all over the place.
Unfortunately, this 2-person T-shaped office desk is not available in a white finish. Therefore, anyone specifically looking for white desks will need to consider an alternative option.
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Hutch for overhead storage
- Available in four finishes
- Two/ three drawer pedestal
- Constructed from high-pressure melamine
Cherryman T-Shaped Two-Person Desk with Hutch
|Hefty price tag
|High-quality and durable desk
|Not available in white finish
|Various design options
|Easy to clean and maintain
3. T-Shaped Desk for Two People with Dividers and Drawers
If you're adamant about having your own private space, the T-shaped desk for Two People with Dividers and Drawers might just be the ideal option for you. This way, you don’t have to feel obliged to constantly communicate with the other person sharing the desk.
This desk can also be personalized to a certain extent, considering the fact that you can choose the drawers and keyboard tray that suit your preferences. When it comes to the drawers, you can choose between two or three drawers. Additionally, you can choose between a regular pedestal, hanging pedestal, lateral desk drawers, or a drawer pedestal set.
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Available in Espresso, Aspen, Cherry, Newport Gray, Mahogany, and Modern Walnut
- Fabric privacy dividers
- Different drawer options
- Different keyboard tray options
T-Shaped Desk for Two People with Dividers and Drawers
|Six finishes for you to choose from
|Not available in white finish
|Customizable – you can choose the drawer and keyboard option that ticks your boxes
|Constructed from high-quality materials
|Includes locking drawers
4. Mabor 94.5'' Home Office Desk with Power Strip & LED lights
Anyone who prefers more of a rustic and laid-back design will absolutely love the Mabor desk. Available in black, brown, and white, this desk has a wood desktop and metal frames.
One of the things we absolutely love about this desk is how user-friendly it is for the modern workspace. The desk comes equipped with built-in outlets, a built-in USB port, and cable management. Therefore, when it comes to all things electronic, this is an extremely convenient and user-friendly option. Plus, in today’s world, who doesn’t use a computer or laptop?
Lastly, the desk also has a number of storage shelves, so you’ll be able to find a place for all your basic office supplies and equipment. Overall, whether you’re looking for a T-shaped home office desk or one for the workplace, this is a great option worth considering.
- Particle board top
- Finished back
- Built-in outlets
- Built-in USB ports
- Cable management
- Assembly tools are included
- One-year warranty
Mabor Home Office Desk with Power Strip
|Desk toph is not very durable
|Includes storage shelves
5. Mabor 94.5'' Office Computer Desk
Lastly, we have the Mabor 94.5” Office Computer Desk, which is a fantastic sleek white, brown, or black office desk. This is a minimalist and contemporary design, making it great if you're looking for something sleek and simple. Additionally, if you don't have a big budget, these 2-person T-shaped office desks will certainly get the job done.
However, the affordable price point of this desk is not to be confused with a lack of features. This Mabor T-Shaped Gaming Desk still comes equipped with a USB port, keyboard tray, power strip and LED lights, and storage shelves. Therefore, anyone on a tight budget can still benefit greatly from this option.
- LED light strips
- Power and USB outlets
- Cable management grommets
- Two storage shelves
Mabor Office Computer Desk
|Limited storage space
|Available in three design finishes
How We Picked and Tested These Products?
When choosing these five options, we considered a wide range of factors. It was also crucial for us to find something for everyone. Therefore, we considered options at different price points, styles, and designs.
We wanted to include products across the entire spectrum. Anyone willing to splurge will find their ideal desk, while someone on a tight budget also has a few great options to choose from.
People looking for a long-lasting and durable investment have a number of options to choose from, while those looking for a simple and quick solution also have viable products on this list.
When coming up with our list, the main focus points include:
- Quality and durability
All of our chosen options consider these points to a certain degree. Therefore, you can rest assured knowing these are well-rounded options that were thoroughly reviewed and considered.
Arrange Your Workplace in a Functional Manner Today!
Overall, there are many beneficial ways you can arrange a T-desk for two people to ensure each person is satisfied and can make the most out of their workspace. These desks are highly beneficial when considering a range of factors, such as space, cost, and design aesthetic.
By finding the perfect arrangement for your space, you’ll be able to increase productivity and motivation and work in a fully functional space that caters to all employees or people in the house. Therefore, if you’re looking for a T-shaped office desk for sale, we’re confident that these options will satisfy your requirements and that you’ll be able to arrange them perfectly in your space.
You May Also Like