Working from home can be beneficial for many reasons, but there are also problems that can come about. For one, you are sure to experience back pain at times. That means you need an ergonomic chair for upper back pain, and there are many on the market.
We are going to discuss the top 10 products so that you can find an upper back pain office chair easily. This gives you more upper back support so that you don’t experience any issues while you work from home.
Why I Need an Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain
Typically, upper back pain is caused by an injury or trauma. However, some people have chronic pain in the upper back or shoulder area, and this is generally caused by sitting in the wrong posture or straining the muscles for long periods. For example, if you’re working with a computer for over three hours a day, you are sure to sit incorrectly. You need the best office chair for upper back pain to help you sit correctly and feel better while you do.
The reason for the pain doesn’t necessarily determine how to fix it. Your doctor might recommend treatments, such as medication or surgery. However, it’s still important to use the right equipment and do so properly. Therefore, you need an ergonomic chair with back support that is going to help you sit correctly. That also means that you are going to experience less pain while you work, adding to your quality of life.
Top 10 Upper Back Pain Office Chair Options
We want you to have many choices when it comes to upper back chair support because this is going to help reduce your back pain.
1. ErgoChair 2 - Best Office Chair for Upper Back Pain
Everyone is raving about the ErgoChair 2 from Autonomous, and most claim that it is the best office chair for back pain. You’re going to enjoy the back and headrest tilt. Plus, you can change the tension, the back tilt angle, seat tilt, and change the position/height of the hand rests.
Though some other chairs are uncomfortable to sit in for long periods, this one lets you move the seat base, lock the seat tilt into place, and much more. Plus, it comes in many fun colors and can match any décor.
2. Kinn Chair
Another top choice for the best office chair for upper back pain is the Kinn Chair. It’s also from Autonomous, and it offers excellent upper back support. Though it doesn’t come with a headrest, you still get all the functionality of adjusting the armrests, lumbar support, and seat tilt tension. Just rotate the handle, and you can prevent it from having any ‘bounce’ to it. You’re going to like that you’ve got many colors available, so it can match your home office décor.
Those who want an eco-friendly office chair may like the AvoChair from Autonomous. It’s a functional and ergonomic chair, and it’s budget-friendly. This upper back pain office chair has a rounded design, but it still includes the adjustable armrests, back tilt, and height that you require. We like that it comes in various colors, but you’re going to appreciate the slim-line appeal that it provides. With it, you can sit back all the way and talk on the phone or sit up straight to work at the computer.
If you want an office chair with a headrest and are on a budget, the MyoChair from Autonomous is ideal. This reclining office chair features a mesh back and headrest. Plus, the headrest tilts, and there is plenty of lumbar support and the ability to change it for your needs. With this chair, you also get leg rests, so you can relax during a long workday. This chair also has a back tilt, and you can adjust it and lock it into place. That way, you can sit back when needed or sit up straight to work at the computer.
5. Tempur-Pedic TP9000 Mesh Chair
Everyone wants an ergonomic chair, and Tempur-Pedic has one that you’re sure to like. This chair has a memory foam the chair, which adds comfort and remembers the contours of your body. If you have to work for long periods, this is sure to be much easier on your lower extremities.
We like that you can adjust the seat height and armrests. That way, regardless of your sitting position, you can be supported and comfortable.
6. Humanscale Freedom Task Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain
If you already have back pain and want to alleviate the pressure, you may want to try the Humanscale Freedom chair. It’s cutting-edge and features a sleek design you’re sure to appreciate. We like the physics included in the office chair. It is designed to take into account your body weight and help you sit up straight while remaining comfortable. The seat is independently adjustable from the rest of the chair for even better results.
7. Tivoca Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain
You can surely appreciate an ergonomic chair that has a headrest and is completely customizable. The one from Tivoca has you covered. Each part of the chair can be adjusted and changed to meet your specific needs. There are sturdy lumbar support and adjustable armrests to help with your posture and reduce how much pain you feel from sitting for long periods. It looks a little odd, but it’s going to provide comfort.
8. La-Z-Boy Trafford Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain
Most people want a little more from their office chair, and La-Z-Boy listened. This chair is perfect for those who are a bit taller and wider than the average person. The design for this chair accommodates weights of about 500 pounds. That way, everyone has the chance to alleviate back pain with the help of memory foam. You also get superb lumbar support, and the headrest can support the neck to help with upper back pain.
9. All33 BackStrong Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain
Can you instantly fix your posture? With this chair from All33, it is possible. We like the lumbar support system because it has just the right amount of curve within the design. With this feature, you can get relief in the back, neck, and shoulders. Release those pressure points and feel more comfortable while sitting for long periods. It also features sit-in-motion technology to cradle your lower back and help stimulate circulation throughout the body.
10. Easy Posture Office Chair
Those who want extra lumbar support and are on a budget should try the Easy Posture chair. It has a separate accessory to boost lumbar support, but this can also take the pressure off the shoulders, upper back, and neck. You can feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your day and remove the extra support whenever you need to. However, most people find that they leave it there and have fewer back issues because of it.
FAQs for Upper Back Pain Office Chair
We’ve compiled this short list of FAQs to help you understand more about finding the right upper back chair support. That way, you know you’re doing everything you can to choose the best office chair for your workspace.
1. What Should You Look for in an Office Chair for Upper Back Pain?
The first thing you need to consider is your sitting posture. Most people don’t realize that they have a natural way of sitting. Therefore, you need a chair that’s shaped according to that. The best office chair with support features is one that adapts to your needs. You’re unlikely to change the sitting habits, but an ergonomic chair for upper back pain can help you whether you tend to slouch or not.
Though you want upper back chair support, you also need to have lumbar support for the low back. Make sure it’s adjustable with the upper back pain feature. That way, the low back is supported, which helps to support the upper back.
The best office chair is going to be adjustable in a variety of ways. This should include the headrest if available, armrests, and arm height.
2. What Are Some Tips to Help Reduce Back Pain While You Sit?
There are many things you can do to reduce or alleviate back pain while sitting. These are all highly effective:
· Use an ergonomic chair for upper back pain to help improve your posture.
· Apply ice to the areas that have back pain. Cold temperatures can reduce inflammation.
· Use a heating pad after ice to soothe away the pain. This promotes more blood circulation in the back to help with healing.
· Get massages.
· Do yoga. Stretches from yoga poses can strengthen the body and relieve back pain.
· Continue using upper back chair support while you work from home to keep back pain from getting worse or recurring.
3. How Do You Sit Properly in an Ergonomic Chair for Upper Back Pain?
There are six primary steps to ensure that you are sitting correctly. The best office chair for upper back pain isn’t going to do any good if you don’t use it properly:
· Elbows: The upper arms should be parallel with the spine while the hands are on the desk. Adjust the chair’s height so that the elbows are at 90 degrees with the hands on the keyboard lightly. When you’re not using the computer, the armrest should be at the right height so that the elbows gently rest on it.
· Check the Seat Edge and Thigh Spacing: The legs and thighs should be elevated properly to prevent restricted blood flow. Look between the thighs and the edge of your upper back pain office chair. You should be able to slide the finger between the edge and the legs. If not, prop your feet up or raise the ergonomic office chair for upper back pain as necessary.
· Lumbar support: Though you’re focused on the upper back support, the lower back needs to be supported, as well. The best office chair for back pain is one that lets you adjust the lumbar as necessary to meet your correct spinal alignment.
4. What Are the Advantages of Using an Upper Back Chair Support System?
If you spend most of your time sitting in an office chair, it can easily affect your posture and back, aggravating problems or causing new ones. There are various benefits of using an upper back pain office chair, such as:
· Swivel features – You can turn the chair without moving to reduce strain on the back from reaching.
· Comfort – You feel good sitting in the chair all day.
· Prevent circulation issues – Many back pain problems happen because of poor circulation. With an ergonomic chair, the design overcomes those concerns.
5. What Are the Disadvantages of Using an Upper Back Chair Support System?
While an ergonomic chair for upper back pain can help in many ways, there are a few drawbacks, such as:
· The design of the chair doesn’t accommodate different colors and styles. Still, most manufacturers try to offer stylish options.
· Since an office chair that has upper back pain support has better features and technology, it costs a bit more. Still, they’re designed for durability and longevity, so they are going to last a while and provide better benefits to you.
We’ve been talking about some of the best ergonomic chairs for upper back pain, and they can also help with low back pain. The ones from Autonomous seem to be the best because they have so many features that are going to help you.
All four styles we talked about are suitable as an ergonomic chair for upper back pain. While we feel the ErgoChair 2 offers more upper back support, they are all ideal and can help you work better and be more productive.
Get exclusive rewards
for your first Autonomous blog subscription.